“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”-Matthew 6:21
Trinity Lutheran School and Early Childhood Center not only provide an excellent education in a safe environment for children to learn about this world, but we also have teachers and staff who are dedicated to modeling Christ and teaching children to know Him. We have this great treasure, Jesus Christ and the gift of eternal life in Him. How joyous we are to get to share these treasures with the next generation. Trinity Lutheran School is one place dedicated to “laying up treasures” unto eternity! (Matthew 6:19-21)
Jesus makes it abundantly clear in His earthly ministry that children have a place in the Kingdom (Matthew 18:3-5). Families are called to nurture children and to raise them to know the Lord. Some families choose to utilize Lutheran education as a means where Christ can be instilled in their children daily. Many families tell their children about Jesus in their homes and regularly bring their children to worship and Sunday School. At Trinity, we encourage an all of the above approach.
No doubt education does have a cost. Our Lord has blessed us with a Lutheran School for numerous decades and generation to generation has shared in providing children with the best possible education, alongside teaching our Christian faith. It is the generosity of so many that the Lord prospers Trinity Lutheran School.
Trinity’s Treasures Unto Eternity will be an annual giving campaign for us to celebrate the overwhelming outreach opportunity we have in our school. Our Trinity Family values our school and sees it as a beautiful extension of who we are in our Lincoln community. What better opportunity do we have than to welcome children and families into the great treasure of eternal life through an invitation to faith in Christ.
Each year we will look to have dedicated projects (non-budget) to help meet the needs of our school. This year, funds will be put towards the purchase of new furniture in each of the classrooms (desks, chairs, tables, etc.). We have 11 classrooms and four additional educational spaces that need to be updated furniture-wise. The last time classroom furniture was updated was prior to 2000.
Donations will also be utilized for our scholarship fund. This gives our administration the opportunity to help families send their children to Trinity Lutheran School who otherwise would not be able to afford a Christian education.
This will be our first annual Trinity’s Treasures Unto Eternity campaign and we are excited to start it off right. We have $3,000 that will go to match the first $3,000 received in donations to this campaign. This campaign will run from May 1st to May 21st and will provide an opportunity for us to celebrate God’s gift of our school. Please designate all gifts for this campaign “Trinity’s Treasures”. Gifts can be given through the School or Church Offices or through the offering during Trinity’s worship services. There is also a Tithe.ly option for those who would want to give online through the Tithe.ly app (see below for more information on signing up to give via Tithe.ly).
Please contact either the church or school office for more information. May we value our faith, as the man in Jesus’ parable who finds a treasure and sells all he has to gain the possession that is beyond earthly value (Matthew 13:44). Let us continue to invest in an eternal treasure.
Peace in Christ,
The Leadership of Trinity Lutheran Church and School
Mobile giving with Tithe.ly:
- Navigate to either your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for: Tithe.ly
- Install the app and open it.
- You will need to create an account.
- You can use the “Find a church” search bar at the top and type in: Trinity Lutheran Church in Lincoln Nebraska and then select the “Give Now” button.
- Once an account is set up you can give via a debit card or input your banking information. The fees that Trinity gets charged are a little less if you choose to give via your checking account (routing number and account number are required).
- When you select the “Give to” button you will be redirected to your browser and you will see the “Amount” and then “Give to”. The “Give to” button will have multiple ministry options. Tap the down arrow and the second option will be “Trinity’s Treasures Unto Eternity”. You can select that and complete your giving. If you so desire there is an option to cover the fees, otherwise these are passed on to Trinity. You can always find receipts or invoices of previous giving events in your account.
If you have questions on how to set this up, please don’t hesitate to contact the Church office at (402)474-0606. We would be glad to assist as best we can.