Trinity Lutheran School was the first Lutheran school in Lincoln, Nebraska and has faithfully served families in Lincoln for more than 135 years. Originally founded on March 15, 1882 by Pastor H. Frinke, the first pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church, Trinity Lutheran School began with only two students. In the first ten years of Trinity Lutheran School, 202 students graduated. Our Teachers have been certified according to State of Nebraska Standards since 1918.
Trinity Lutheran School was originally located downtown on the same campus as Trinity Lutheran Church. The current facility was dedicated in 1964. Trinity’s Early Childhood Pre-School & Pre-Kindergarten Program was added in 1978, followed by the Extended School Day Before & After School Program in 1995. Our All-Day Summer Camp Program was added in 1997 and our Tender Hearts Toddler Program for 18-month-olds was added in 2005.
Trinity Lutheran School has a proud history and looks forward to its future serving students and families by “Connecting People to Christ in His Word and Love”.