Who We Are
Mission and Core Values
“Connecting People to Christ in His Word and Love.”
- Christ-centered, Gospel-oriented
- Safe, secure, loving learning environment
- Ministry to the whole child: Mind, Body, Spirit
- Focus on academic excellence
- Character development which encourages personal excellence and accountability for each student
- Professional, Certified Christian faculty and staff
- Partnership and communication between school and home
- Family participation and engagement
- Christian Worldview based on scripture
- Respect for each child regardless of race, creed, need, or ethnic origin.
Trinity Lutheran School was the First Lutheran School in Lincoln, Nebraska and has had a proud history faithfully serving the students of Lincoln for over 135 years. Originally founded on March 15, 1882 by Pastor H. Frinke, Trinity Lutheran Church’s First Pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church originally only had only two students. During the first ten years of the school’s existence, 202 students graduated. While our Church is located downtown at 12th & H St. our school is located at 1200 N 56th St. on our east campus location next to Lincoln Lutheran Jr/Sr High.
Our Teachers have been certified according to State of Nebraska Standards since 1918, and the current facility was dedicated in 1964. Trinity’s Early Childhood Pre-School & Pre-Kindergarten Program was added in 1978, followed by the Extended School Day Before & After School Program in 1995. Our All-Day Summer Camp Program was added in 1997 and our Tender Hearts Toddler Program for 18 month olds was added in 2005.
Trinity Lutheran School has a proud history and looks forward its continued future serving students and their families through “Connecting People to Christ in His Word and Love”.
Trinity Lutheran School has received National Lutheran School Accreditation for both the Early Childhood Program as well as the Elementary Program. Trinity Lutheran School also has received a “Certificate of Approval” from the Nebraska State Board of Education, demonstrating that we meet and or exceed the specific requirements that must be followed according to Rule #14 according to Nebraska State Guidelines.