What to do over winter break!
- Youth can attend Explorers Nature Day Camp – Kids Day Off at Pioneers Park Nature Center https://app.lincoln.ne.gov/aspx/city/proctor/classes.aspx?loc=PPNC
- Friday, December 11 – Hike, explore, and adventures at the Pioneers Park Nature Center. Campers will be outside the majority of each day (weather permitting) and will need to bring a sack lunch, water bottle, and an extra change of clothes and shoes.
- Nature Day Camps are designed to inspire curiosity and build understanding of others and their surroundings through guidance of caring staff, featuring the outdoors, and natural wonder
- Winter Activities to do at Home- Staycation Style!- https://simply-well-balanced.com/fun-things-winter-break/
Physical Activity Resources
- How to keep kids active during winter break during a pandemic https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/10/22/kids-activity-covid/
- 10 ways to keep your kids moving – http://www.iowahealthieststate.com/blog/individuals/coronavirus-covid-19-home-physical-activity-health/
- Ways to Keep Kids Active During Coronavirus Disease Era – https://www.hopkinsallchildrens.org/ACH-News/General-News/Ways-to-Keep-Kids-Active-During-Coronavirus-Diseas
- Healthy Snack ideas- Christmas Theme – https://www.healthylittlefoodies.com/18-healthy-christmas-snacks/
- Eating healthy around the holidays can be fun – https://www.cleanandscentsible.com/healthy-christmas-food-ideas/
- Looking for healthy food gift ideas! – http://www.tinytummytales.com/healthy-christmas-recipes-for-kids/
- How sitting down to eat with your family can improve your health. Even when difficult topics come into play. https://www.bluezones.com/2019/03/eating-as-a-family-helps-kids-eat-more-fruits-and-vegetables-learn-healthier-habits/?utm_source=BLUE+ZONES+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0d03d037b6-NOVEMBER-2020-3&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9642311849-0d03d037b6-198864297&mc_cid=0d03d037b6&mc_eid=8e75d253d1
- 5 Fun & Easy Christmas Mindfulness Activities – https://www.counselorkeri.com/2019/11/29/christmas-mindfulness-activities/
- Mindfulness in the Classroom-Holiday Theme – https://educationsvoice.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/mindfulness-in-the-classroom-christmas-mindfulness/