Welcome to Ms. Burgess’ 3rd Grade Class!
Students in Ms. Burgess’ 3rd Grade Class will learn about the following topics:
- Art – Learning the meaning and appreciation of art, and to improve skills in the areas of drawing, painting, prints, sculpture, and crafts
- Christian Religion – Grow in Christian maturity, witness openly, make life application as students reflect and respond to lessons
- Computer – Students will attend the courses twice weekly and will learn keyboard and basic computer skills
- Handwriting – Use cursive throughout the entire school year. Students will review all lower and upper case letters with emphasis of neatness, correct formation, and legibility
- Language Arts – Write simple sentences using correct capitalization and punctuation, Identify different parts of speech, Use standard English, Increase writing skills
- Math – Review and learn concepts of place value and money, statistics and probability, algebra readiness, timed multiplication and division
- Memory Work – Learn Bible passages, chapel songs, prayers, and selections from the six chief parts of the Christian doctrine as taken from Luther’s doctrine as taken from Luther’s Small Catechism.
- Music – Sing at Chapel, Worship Services, and other functions. Attend music twice a week, and will have the opportunity to sing a variety of songs including religious, patriotic, folk, and multicultural songs
- Physical Education – Emphasis is placed on cardiovascular strength, physical coordination, learning special games and activities, and exhibiting Christian sportsmanship and conduct
- Reading and Phonics – Decoding and phonics, reading and following directions, vocabulary building, sequencing, finding the main idea, language skills, location and correction of grammatical errors
- Science – Study Living Things, Earth and Its Resources, and Weather and Space
- Social Studies – Study natural resources, transportation, citizenship, holidays, current events, and geography