After temporarily filling our finance position for the past 9 months, Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking a permanent part-time Finance Assistant. This position works closely with Trinity’s Church treasurer and supports financial activity for the Church, Elementary School and Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program.
Responsibilities of the job include but may not be limited to:
- Deposit processing,
- Bill processing – including coding bills, entering bills in QuickBooks and printing checks,
- Making journal entries,
- Reconciling bank accounts (6 accounts),
- Downloading electronically submitted financial information,
- Running monthly financial statements using QuickBooks software,
- Providing financial reports to School/ECE staff to support their programs,
- Supporting payroll processing,
- Maintaining/reviewing/submitting benefit changes to Concordia Plan Services,
- Maintaining organized files.
An accounting degree, while not required, is helpful; but experience with financial statements and QuickBooks or other accounting software is required. Candidates for this position must be proficient with Microsoft Excel. The Church uses a payroll service, and this position will enter payroll, make payroll changes, journalize payroll, maintain employment records, and provide employees with some benefit information (HR).
Review of applicants will begin in early February. This position will remain open until filled. Inquiries and resumes may be submitted to the Church office: 724 South 12th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508; phone: 402-474-0606; or electronically to: email@example.com.